In this article, we will discuss how to do glass work at home. I will also talk about different DIY projects that are easy and affordable.
Glass Work At Home: DIY Glass Mason Jar
I am sure we will all drink milkshakes and juices in mason jars. But have you ever imagined that these mason jars could be wonderful decorative pieces for your house? Yes, you can easily repurpose and reuse the mason jars that you have in your house.
- Paint the jars in different colors and patterns. Put some fresh flowers on it.
- Bring some colorful ribbons and tie them nicely around the jar. Now place a string of lights inside the jar.
- Take glue and put it in on the exterior part of the jar. Now roll the jar on some glitters. The glitters will stick to the jar.
- You can also keep the jar as it is and put some flowers on it. It will act as a great centerpiece.
Glass Work At Home: DIY Glass Porch Light
It is another great decorative piece perfect for your balcony or garden area. It will give extra light to the area where it is hung. You can decorate and further modify its look by coloring it in different shades. You can make this with an old tabletop.
- Clean the light before painting it.
- Choose the color of the paints.
- Now carefully paint the light and try to avoid bubbles.
DIY Glass Porch Windows
If you have an old window that is not of any use, then consider turning it into a beautiful piece of art. You can do this by painting the glass window into different colors.
- Select the colors you want to put on the windows.
- Once you have decided, draw lines and divide it into different sections.
- Now paint each of these sections in the colors you want.
- Make sure to do it neatly. Don’t cross the border of the sections.
Glass Work At Home: Bicycle Tire Glass Spinner
Do you have an old bicycle spinner at home? If yes, then instead of throwing it away or simply keeping it in a corner, try to recycle it. It can be a stunning decorative piece for the garden area. Moreover, it is super easy to make.
- Take a glass panel and cut it into different pieces. Make sure to measure the pieces and cut in such a way that they fit inside the rim.
- You can also choose to color the rim.
- Now color the glass pieces and place them inside the rim.
DIY Painted Glass Windows
How about painting a window of your kitchen or living room and making it a center of attraction. Great idea, isn’t it? It is an easy and very affordable way to give your room a sophisticated look. Paint the window in different colors.